How it works:
- Version 1: charging a flat rate that is much higher than it would be in a metered taxi.
- Version 2: short-changing passengers who are unfamiliar with the local currency.
Places to beware:
What to do:
- Take official taxis: Ilban – grey/white/blue taxis; Mobeom – deluxe/black taxis.
- Photo: if you engage, take a photo of the car plate and the driver’s license.
- Alternatives: taxi booking apps (e.g. KakaoTaxi, Uber) or day tour platforms like Klook (best in Asia) with 30+ transport options.