How it works:
- Vehicle: thefts of motorbikes or bicycles.
- Bike/moped: riding past with a pillion rider doing the snatch.
- Public space, bar, restaurant, market: stealing unattended bags/valuables on the chair, table or floor.
Places to beware:
- Anywhere (e.g. Seoul: Itaewon, Garibong-dong)
- Check out other hotspots of violent crime
What to do:
- Valuables: avoid laying out on tables or carrying in your hands while walking.
- Bags: consider using lockable bags that can be locked to another object and cross body anti-theft bags (difficult to snatch).
- Travel insurance: get a good one that covers theft – check out the various travel insurance comparison platforms to find the best deal that works for you.