How it works:
- Version 1: claiming a long queue where there is none and quoting an inflated flat fare.
- Version 2: quoting you a good price at first then overcharging by adding inflated fees at the end.
Places to beware:
- Doha: Hamad International Airport
What to do:
- Situation: they can be fine to take, as long as you accept the risks (overcharging, no insurance coverage, beaten down car).
- Photo: if you engage, take a photo of the car plate and the driver’s license.
- Official taxis: turqoise in color, taxi sign on roof, working meter.
- Alternatives: taxi booking apps (e.g. Uber, Qatar Taxi, Karwa Taxi, Careem) or day tour platforms like GetYourGuide (best in Europe) with 1 transport option.