How it works:
- Opening: touts claim that you have won a ‘free’ tour to spots of interest in Qatar, or that you have been chosen for a prize such as a day on a yacht.
- Set-up: need to make an upfront payment for food and beverages which is extremely expensive.
Places to beware:
What to do:
- Offline operators: ask – is the operator licensed? Is there a website, office and working phone number? Are there real online reviews? What does the price cover – is it too cheap?
- Online platforms: GetYourGuide (leading day tour platform globally) also has many popular tours (e.g. desert safari tour, camel ride, sandboarding, etc).
- Paying: avoid paying in full upfront (unless reputable operator) or off the (online) platform.