How it works:
- If you are lucky, you only have to pay an inflated flat fare.
- If you are unlucky, you may be driven somewhere secluded and be robbed or assaulted.
Places to beware:
- Metro Manila
What to do:
- Take official taxis: yellow (airport taxi), white (normal cabs), company name and phone number on the sides, working meter.
- Photo: if you engage, take a photo of the car plate and the driver’s license.
- Alternatives: taxi booking apps (e.g. MiCab, Grab) or day tour platforms like Klook (best in Asia) with 30+ transport options.