How it works:
- Situation: this is a deceptive advertising trick by SIM card retailers at the Puerto Princesa International Airport. It was kindly shared with the site by Roxanne at I Travel Rox in May 2019.
- Opening: as can be seen from the photo, this looks like a good deal. What they do not tell you is how the GB for the various plans are calculated.
- Set-up: the advertised GB is a combination of the base plan’s GB, as well as the daily freebies such as 1GB of video daily. Excluding these freebies, what you are really getting is 7GB for 7 days (300 pesos), 10GB for 15 days (700 pesos), and 19GB for 30 days (1000 pesos).
Places to beware:
- Metro Manila: Ninoy Aquino International Airport
- Puerto Princesa: Puerto Princesa International Airport
What to do:
- Check the terms and conditions before buying and if it works for you, feel free to get it.
- Otherwise, you can head to telecommunication shops in town to get one.