How it works:
- Most food places are fine, it's generally just a few bad eggs around touristy areas that spoil it for the rest.
- Version 1: providing a tourist menu with inflated prices.
- Version 2: providing a menu with no prices.
- Version 3: adding inflated hidden charges.
- Version 4: under/over-weighing at seafood stalls.
Places to beware:
- Boracay: D'Talipapa
- Metro Manila
- Puerto Princesa
What to do:
- Choose: reputable places (use food review apps like Zomato) and avoid those promoted by touts.
- Check: menu (prices, fine print), itemized bill, and do not eat what was not ordered.
- Alternative: Klook (best day tours platform in Asia) has a couple of food tours.