How it works:
- Version 1: halfway through, the driver disembarks and his “boss” takes over. He brings you to an isolated area, claims the original fare is wrong and demands more.
- Version 2: claiming the initially agreed upon fare is per person, not for the whole ride.
- Version 3: claiming you misheard/misunderstood the initial price quote – it should be 2,000, not 20.
Places to beware:
- Metro Manila: Fort Santiago, Rizal Park, Intramuros, Manila Bay
What to do:
- Take a picture of the driver and buggy in case you need to seek recourse. Write down the price for the whole ride on a piece of paper.
- Just pay what was initially agree on and threaten to call the police. Use mobile GPS to make your way back if abandoned at a secluded place.