How it works:
- Version 1: as many stalls do not list prices, they can overcharge tourists with inflated price quotes.
- Version 2: they may offer a cheap price to tempt you, only to demand a much higher fee when it is time to pay (e.g. quoting miscommunication, or an additional fee).
- Version 3: not returning the correct change.
Places to beware:
- Yangon: Bogyoke Aung San Market
What to do:
- Always clarify the prices and currency before buying.
- Do not be afraid to walk away and always check your change.