How it works:
- Version 1:
- You take a taxi from Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Besut jetty. However, you are dropped off at travel agents a few minutes walk from the jetty.
- These agents claim that the boat is leaving soon to pressure you into paying for their more expensive private boat.
- Version 2:
- You ask to book a boat at a timeslot which the boat company is not operating at.
- Although other companies may operate at that time, this company will tell you that no one else is operating to get your business.
Places to beware:
- Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Besut bus terminal
- Perhentian Islands
What to do:
- If you take a taxi, make sure the driver brings you to the jetty, or walk there yourself with GPS.
- Alternatively, there are buses which ply this route – Mutiara and Mahligai.