How it works:
- In 2016, Malaysia was ranked #6 globally for the most number of vehicle thefts.
- First, it is easy – 10 seconds are that is needed. Second, many vehicles are stolen for the purpose of committing other crimes.
Places to beware:
- Anywhere (e.g. Johor Bahru, Kuala Lumpur)
What to do:
- Park: in a paid lot with security cameras. Back into the parking lot to make opening the trunk difficult. Do not leave valuables exposed.
- Anti-theft measures: use a steering wheel lock, pedal lock, gear shift lock and leave a tracker in the car.
- Travel insurance: get a good one that covers theft – check out the various travel insurance comparison platforms to find the best deal that works for you.