How it works:
- Scam 1:
- You take a bus, and 10 minutes before reaching Kuang Si Falls, your driver stops and gets everyone to pay him the entry fee.
- This is shared between the driver and the park’s guards who will let your bus in without checking.
- Scam 2:
- There are scammers who puncture the tires of parked cars and bikes.
- When you return, they point out your flat tire, and offer to bring you to a garage nearby. You will be charged an inflated fee for repairs and a tip for the guy who guided you there.
Places to beware:
- Luang Prabang: Kuang Si Falls
What to do:
- If you find any problems with your car or bike, call your rental company for advice on insurance and garages to head to.