How it works:
- Bike/moped: riding past with a pillion rider doing the snatch.
- Bar, restaurant, shops: stealing unattended bags/valuables on the chair or table.
- ATM, bank: snatching after withdrawing cash.
Places to beware:
- Anywhere (hotspots – tourist areas and shopping areas of Amman)
- Check out other hotspots of violent crime
What to do:
- Valuables: avoid laying out on tables or carrying in your hands while walking.
- Bags: consider using lockable bags that can be locked to another object and cross body anti-theft bags (difficult to snatch).
- Travel insurance: get a good one that covers theft - check out the various travel insurance comparison platforms to find the best deal that works for you.