How it works:
- Version 1 (a car):
- A car cuts in front of you forcing you to one side. Next, another car appears behind you before you can react and gets its bumper scratched by your car.
- As you stop, the first car speeds off and men will emerge from the “victim” car, speaking loudly in incomprehensible Arabic about involving the police.
- They demand compensation and a guy appears out of nowhere to help “mitigate” by translating what they say into English.
- You will notice that the other car has many scratches, more than the fresh ones on your bumper.
- Version 2 (a person):
- Lunges at your moving car, gets hit, pretends to be injured, then demands compensation.
Places to beware:
What to do:
- If you suspect something amiss, call the police. If there is real damage, call your rental car company for advice on repairs and insurance.
- Keep your car doors locked and windows up as they may be trying to distract you so an accomplice can steal bags/valuables from your car.