How it works:
- Most food places are fine, it’s generally just a few bad eggs around touristy areas that spoil it for the rest.
- Version 1: shown tourist menus with higher prices.
- Version 2: not shown any menu with the excuse that there is no English menu.
- Version 3: prices reflected on bill are different from in the menu.
- Version 4: being short-changed.
Places to beware:
What to do:
- Choose: reputable places (use food review apps like Foursquare)and avoid those promoted by touts.
- Check: menu (prices, fine print), itemized bill, and do not eat what was not ordered.