How it works:
- Version 1: claim a place is closed and bring you somewhere else where they get commission.
- Version 2: sending you to a fake information tourist counter which propose tours and accommodation at inflated prices.
- Version 3: drive you somewhere secluded, and then demand a higher payment.
Places to beware:
- Anywhere (e.g. tourist attractions – Qutub Minar, Chandni Chowk, Amber Fort, hotels, airport, transportation hubs, etc)
What to do:
- Avoid, unless for very short trips.
- If you were to take one, clarify the price (currency, for everyone and not per pax).
- Make sure to have GPS so you would not be stranded in a secluded place.