How it works:
- Opening: there are drivers who install low quality glass windows on their doors and they target drunk foreigners around Lan Kwai Fong and Lockhart Road.
- Set-up: if you shut the door with force, it breaks. A HKD $2,000 repair fee is demanded although the replacement cost is only HKD $300.
Places to beware:
- Anywhere (e.g. Lan Kwai Fong, Lockhart Road)
What to do:
- Taxi glass windows are required to be break-resistant.
- If yours shatter easily on impact, call the police and take a photo of the taxi car plate.