How it works:
- Version 1: at the photo taking facility, you can rent clothes to dress as a Chinese emperor, princess, etc. You will be told that each photo costs 20 yuan and you think this refers to the final printed photo. It actually refers to each photo that is taken and many will be taken.
- Version 2: fake products and shopping scams.
- Version 3: Chinese calligraphy writing scam.
Places to beware:
- Shanghai: Zhujiajiao Ancient Town
What to do:
- Decline unofficial guides (not worth the time and money) and anyone who offers incense.