How it works:
- Version 1: a monk gives you a blessing or amulet, and then asks you to donate. He shows you a (fake) donation book detailing donations made by people globally in different languages.
- Version 2: fake monks have even been hired at temples to get tourists to pay for “ceremonies” and overpriced incense.
- Version 3: there are also fake monks who who make a living by performing martial arts.
- Version 4: some also claim to be able to cure diseases and sell fake herbs.
Places to beware:
What to do:
- Decline, real monks do not do such things.