How it works:
- Version 1: only big chain stores have prices listed. Elsewhere, prices are quoted dynamically depending on how rich you look.
- Version 2: vendor swaps your product to one that is of lower quality and wraps it up. Most do not bother checking since it is sealed.
Places to beware:
- Phnom Penh: Russian Market
- Siem Reap
What to do:
- Find out a fair price by checking different shops or with your hotel/hostel/driver. Bargain hard.
- Always check your item after purchase, especially if it’s sealed.