How it works:
- Version 1:
- You meet someone offline whom you build a relationship over time.
- As the relationship gets stronger (with visits to family members included), money will be asked from you for living expenses.
- Eventually, you will be made to pay for an expensive wedding or an investment property/asset not held under your name.
- Contact will then be broken off.
- Version 2:
- You meet someone online and the relationship builds overtime.
- Eventually, the scammer offers to make (non-existent) travel arrangements for you to come over or for her to go over.
- Money will be requested and once you send, contact will be broken off.
- Phnom Penh
What to do:
- It is best to avoid such activities especially when money is involved as odds are nothing good ever comes out of it.