How it works:
- This is not a scam unique to Bahrain, but there are private visa application sites that can overcharge you by 2-3x the real rate.
- They disguise themselves very well and are not technically illegal, but their intention is clear. There are also no benefits in going through them as they are just a middleman who will have to go through the authorities anyway.
Places to beware:
What to do:
- First, go to the government eVisa site which will have a .gov in the hyperlink. As of 2020, the link is https://www.evisa.gov.bh/
- Second, check the site for a local contact number. Illegitimate sites are unlikely to have one or may have one that is not in Bahrain.
- Third, check the cost before confirming payment. If not, you can be charged any price and it is not illegal – it is your fault for not checking.