How it works:
- Opening (one of the oldest scams in Tunisia):
- Scammers will approach taxis which drop off passengers to ask the driver from which hotel he picked you up from.
- He can also guess from your resort wristband where you stay at.
- He then approaches and claims to recognize you as he works at your hotel, mentioning it by name and stating other details.
- Once he gets your trust, he will bring you to an overpriced shop where he gets a commission.
Places to beware:
- Djerba: Markt/Basar in Houmt Souk
- Hammamet: YasminHammamet,Medina of Hammamet
- Mahdia: Mahdia’s Old Town
- Sousse: Medina of Sousse
What to do: