How it works:
- At tourist attractions and busy spots, you may encounter unofficial parking attendants.
- They will ask for a fee in exchange for looking after your car. They don’t actually look after your car, but are threatening you indirectly that if you refuse, they may damage your car.
Places to beware:
- Cape Town: Table Mountain Aerial Cableway
- Johannesburg: Johannesburg Zoo, Market on Main
- Pretoria: Church Square
What to do:
- Either park further away, or just pay a very small amount to prevent them from doing anything to your car.