How it works:
- You may encounter quite a number unlicensed cabs (i.e. regular cars) in Abuja and Lagos. Besides overcharging, there have also been cases of robberies (and kidnappings though those are targeted at locals) in such cabs, so it is best to avoid unless you are desperate or urgent.
Places to beware:
What to do:
- Situation: some may be fine and are even cheaper, but you have to accept the risks (overcharging, no insurance coverage, beaten down car, potentially being robbed).
- Photo: if you engage, take a photo of the car plate and the driver’s license.
- Official taxis: they are green in color, with a taxi sign and a working meter.
- Taxi booking app: there are many apps available, such as Oga Taxi, PamDrive, Uber, Taxify, Easy Taxi, Rideme, Ola Cab, Naija Taxi