How it works:
- This is Morocco’s version of the bedouin romance scam in Jordan.
- Targeted at women, “call-boys” at Merzouga will pull out all the stops in wooing you at this small and romantic Moroccan town in the Sahara desert.
- “Family members” will also be in on the act and will welcome you warmly.
- However, victims have alleged that they are just one of the many girlfriends of these men.
- They have been influenced to pay for their many expenses while staying there and also to wire money over once back at their home country.
Places to beware:
What to do:
- If you are approached by men who are extremely flirtatious, you should be very skeptical.
- If you are also asked to send money as well, then it is probably a scam.