How it works:
- Kif/hashish is a locally produced drug.
- There are dealers and police officers who work together to set tourists up with drugs and then demand a bribe to cover up the "crime".
Places to beware:
- Agadir: Seafront promenade
- Essaouira: Medina of Essaouira
- Chefchaouen: Chefchaouen Medina, Place Outa el Hammam & Kasbah
- Marrakech: Jemaa El-Fnaa, Marrakech Souk, Koutoubia Mosque and Minaret
- Tangier: Medina of Tangier, Tangier Casbah
What to do:
- Do not buy drugs, especially from street touts.
- Morocco is taking a tough stance against those in possession of drugs – if you’re caught, you will be jailed.