How it works:
- Version 1: henna women apply henna ink onto tourists sneakily. When you realize, they will apologize and offer to do a full henna tattoo. If you agree without discussing a price, an inflated sum of money will be demanded at the end.
- Version 2: even if a fee was initially agree on, it can be jacked up at the end.
Places to beware:
- Agadir: Agadir Beach, Seafront promenade
- Casablanca: Square of Mohammed V, Old Medina of Casablanca
- Essaouira: Medina of Essaouira
- Marrakech: Jemaa El-Fnaa, Medina of Marrakesh, Marrakech Souk, Koutoubia Mosque and Minaret
- Rabat: Kasbah des Oudaias
What to do:
- Decline as the scammers will not care how your henna turns out and will demand a big fee. Head to reputable places instead.
- If you are caught, pay them off with 20 DH and threaten to call the police.