How it works:
- Opening: a scam tour guide brings you to his berber’s family house in the mountains for a meal – note the family members are actually actors.
- Set-up: once trust is built, you are then shipped to various shops where he gets a commission if you buy any of the overpriced products.
Places to beware:
What to do:
- Engage reputable tour operators:
- Offline operators: ask – is the operator licensed? Is there a website, office and working phone number? Are there real online reviews? What does the price cover – is it too cheap?
- Online platforms: GetYourGuide (leading day tour platform globally) has a couple of popular berber tours.