How it works:
- Situation: the SSR Botanic Garden has a large and free to use carpark (entrance is at the traffic lights near the Pamplemousses courthouse and a restaurant.
- Set-up: scammers will intercept tourists coming in from the south and those who miss the entrance. They direct you to a nearby church and then charge you a fee for guiding or for “looking after” your car.
Places to beware:
- Pamplemousses: SSR Botanic Garden
What to do:
- Don’t stop if you see someone waving at you.
- Go into the park and the carpark is on the left of the main entrance.