How it works:
- There is a stall at the Grand Baie Bazaar, which is positioned at the entrance of a dark and narrow alley to the toilet, accused of setting out this trap.
- They lay out a rotatable sunglass rack at the entrance, and leave an unassuming looking pair of sunglasses on the floor.
- If you do not look at the floor (even if you do, it’s difficult to see), chances are you will step on the pair of sunglasses.
- Compensation will be demanded for the pair of fake sunglasses, which they claim is authentic.
Places to beware:
- Pamplemousses: Grand Baie Bazaar
What to do:
- If you believe you were not at fault, insist not to pay and threaten to call the police.