How it works:
- Jewelry, oils/perfume and cigarette shops you find around touristy areas likely peddle overpriced fakes.
- Same goes for the shops where you are brought to by an unsolicited “helpful” local.
Places to beware:
- Giza: Egyptian Perfume Palace in Giza (watered down perfume/oils)
- Luxor: traders near the Sheraton (using Cubic Zirconium instead of diamonds)
- Sharm El Sheikh: SOHO Square, Na,ama Bay
What to do:
- Learn how to separate the wheat from the chaff, or only visit licensed, reputable shops.