How it works:
- Version 1 (trap): you arrive at an airport and see a row of travel agent kiosks (e.g. Thomas Cook, Sea, etc) – they sell entry visas at a higher price compared to the bank kiosk/official kiosk if you walked further down.
- Version 2 (scam): there are scam sites (e.g. Egyptvisa dot com) which sell entry visas at inflated prices and do not deliver them.
Places to beware:
- Airports in Luxor, Hurghada, Sharm el Sheikh
What to do:
- Buy from the bank kiosk or official kiosk.
- You can also apply for an entry visa from the official Egyptian government site online – https://visa2egypt.gov.eg.
- As of 2019, it costs USD 25 for a single entry visa and USD 60 for a multiple entry visa.