How it works:
- Opening: advertising cheap tours with hidden fees is a common scam.
- Set-up: fees could include separate payment for food and drinks or transport at inflated prices.
Places to beware:
What to do:
- Offline operators: ask – is the operator licensed? Is there a website, office and working phone number? Are there real online reviews? What does the price cover – is it too cheap?
- Online platforms: GetYourGuide (leading day tour platform globally) also has many popular tours (e.g. Hurghada swimming with dolphins, desert safari by quad bike, Valley of the Kings day trip, etc).
- Paying: avoid paying in full upfront (unless reputable operator) or off the (online) platform.