How it works:
- Opening: advertising cheap tours with hidden fees is a common scam.
- Set-up: fees could include separate payment for food and drinks or transport at inflated prices.
Places to beware:
What to do:
- Offline operators: ask – is the operator licensed? Is there a website, office and working phone number? Are there real online reviews? What does the price cover – is it too cheap?
- Online platforms: GetYourGuide (leading day tour platform globally) also has many popular tours (e.g. Hurghada swimming with dolphins, desert safari by quad bike, Valley of the Kings day trip, etc), or check out this page for the best tours in Egypt.
- Paying: avoid paying in full upfront (unless reputable operator) or off the (online) platform.