TS SafetyShop - Wallets/PursesEach day 400,000 pickpocket incidents happen around the world. Protect yourself with a RFID blocking wallet/purse or a cheap spare wallet today!
The wallet is the most common item which pickpockets target. To prevent and to minimize any potential losses, the easiest solution is to get a RFID blocking wallet and a cheap spare wallet.
In this section, you will find three recommended wallet types:
- RFID blocking wallet (Lavievert Supple Genuine Leather Travel Bifold Wallet Men’s RFID Blocking, USD 14.99)
- RFID blocking clutch/purse (Pacsafe Metrosafe LS350 Anti-Theft Shoulder Bag, USD 26.99)
- Cheap spare wallet (Backpack by Mancro, USD 2.78)
1. RFID blocking wallet
If you carry a credit card, using a cheap RFID blocking wallet is a must. This is because if your cards get swiped, it is headaches abound. you have to call the bank to cancel your cards, dispute transactions and apply for replacement cards. This is made worse as you only know your cards have been swiped when you receive your monthly statement.
And that situation is just for cards. What about your e-passports, smart cards, and key cards? They are at stake as well.
How this works is because credit cards/e-passports/smart cards/key cards contain a RFID chip. This chip is what allows you to make contact-less payments/actions through radio waves. However, a crook walking by with a device can easily scan your card’s details through your wallet and pocket, as shown in the following video:
As such, using a RFID blocking wallet will help block all electromagnetic fields and it comes with our strongest recommendation.
One highly affordable RFID blocking wallet you can consider is the Lavievert Supple Genuine Leather Travel Bifold Wallet Men’s RFID Blocking Slim Light-weight Wallet.
This wallet is great value for money – cheap for its RFID blocking technology, comfortable to use and has sufficient slots for your cards and cash. As such, one user commented that
The crafts are fine, the materials are good, and it is a real bargain compared to some higher end brands.
- RFID blocking: wallet has RFID blocking technology which blocks radio frequency signals
- Compartments: within the wallet, you can insert items in up to 11 slots:
- 2 of which are the full sized slots which can be used for cash/cheques
- 4 extra large pockets
- 4 individual card slows
- 1 photo holder
Dimensions and specs:
- Wallet: 4.7 x 3.5 x 0.6 inches / 12 x 9 x 1.5 cm
- Weight: 0.24 ounces / 6.8 grams
- Materials: 100% real leather, sturdy and durable for rough use, texture comfortable for use
Do click the image below to check out other product images and user reviews (rated 5/5 stars from 3 reviews, with 100% 5 star reviews) of the product.
2. RFID blocking clutch/purse
For females who wish to travel with some style and added functionality, a RFID blocking clutch/purse might be a better fit than a wallet. One which you could consider is this below:
The clutch is comfortable to use, packs great functionality and looks great. In fact, one user even remarked:
This wallet is absolutely gorgeous. I couldn’t bear to use it because I was scared it would get dirty. I honestly wanted to just keep it safe somewhere in my room. But I didn’t buy a new wallet to not use it. I love how the wallet has a lot of room for cards..
- Comfortable and fashionable: high quality leather, and the classic pale gold hardware and buckle opening closure makes the leather wallet fashionable.
- RFID blocking: the clutch has advanced unique proprietary RFID blocking technology which blocks radio frequency signals
- Compartments: this clutch has up to 14 slots:
- 1 main cash pocket
- 8 card slots
- 2 compartments for cash/cheques
- 1 zippered pocket
- 2 photo holders
Dimensions and specs:
- Wallet (L X W X H): 7.48 x 1.18 x 3.74 inches / 18.9 x 3 x 9.5 cm
- Weight: 0.42 lbs / 190.5 grams
- Materials: outer material of this clutch purse is made of cowhide split leather and the lining is made of fabric and synthetic leather
- Colors: black, brown, champagne gold, white, cream white, dark blue, dark green, light blue, pink, rose gold, silver, wine red, yellow
Do click the image below to check out other product images and user reviews (rated 4.6/5 stars from over 70 reviews, with over 80% 5 star reviews) of the product.
3. Cheap spare wallet
A cheap spare wallet is essential for any trip, as it allows you to:
- Diversify areas where you store your cash so you don’t lose much if you misplace one source
- An easy, pain-free escape route when faced with a robber, pickpocket, fake police who demands to check your wallet, etc
One wallet which you can consider is the Remiel Store Men Bifold Business PU Leather Wallet Purse ID Credit Card Holder as shown below:
At a price of $2+ only, it is fuss free and dirt cheap – you wouldn’t mind losing it when faced with a robber or pickpocket.
- Value for money: despite the cheap price tag, made of PU leather, it is comfortable and lightweight enough to use
- Compartments: it can also be used effectively as a standalone wallet as it contains
- An inside compartment for notes/cash
- Photo holder
- Coin pocket
- Multiple card slots
Dimensions and specs:
- Wallet: 4.3 x 3.7 x 0.4 inches / 11 x 9.5 x 1 cm
- Weight: 2.4 ounces / 69 grams
- Materials: PU leather
Do click the image below to check out other product images and user reviews of the product.